Hercules on the Harbor 10k run is an on and off road course. The race will take place on Sunday October 22nd in the beautiful Stony Brook Village and registration will be open at 7:30am.
JOIN US FOR
HERCULES ON THE HARBOR 10K
SUNDAY OCTOBER 22nd AT 9:15AM
Pre-Registrants after 10/18 not guaranteed requested Shirt Size
$45 Day of Race Registration
We are unable to offer refunds if you preregister and cannot make race day.
Online Preregistration will be closed by 6pm on Saturday October 21st.
If you miss your chance to preregister online don't fret, you can register at our event.
Registration will open at 7:30am on Sunday and you can secure your spot for $45.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I pick up my bib/t-shirt?
- The Pre-registered runners can pick up their race pack at the pre-registration tables located in the alley next to Cottontails
Where does the race start?
- Race starts on Main Street in front of the Reboli Center (formerly known as the Capital One Bank).
What time should I be at the race?
- The race begins promptly at 9:15am.
I left early, but it looks like I won an award. Can you mail it to me?
- No, we do not mail out awards after the race. We will have the awards available for you to pick up at various local running shops. We will send out an email with more information after race day. You can always send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to let you know how to obtain your medal!
Will there be port-a-potties?
- Yes, this year we will have more port-a-potties available for you to use. They will be located near registration and packet pick- up. At the Gas Station.
Can I run with a baby jogger/stroller?
- No, this is an on and off-road course and strollers will not be allowed on the off-road trails.
Can I have my favorite pet/dog run with me?
What type of race shirt will I receive?
- A long-sleeve tech race shirt, pre-registered runners who indicated a size will get shirts however if you registered after 10/18 you are not guaranteed your requested size. If we have leftovers we will distribute them as available to day of registrants.
Will there be a non-water drink available at the aid stations?
How soon will Results be available?
- Island-Timing will periodically post-race results during the course of the race. It is the participant’s responsibility to review these posting as to the accuracy of the information posted. For Changes / Corrections, the participant must request any changes of the results to Island-Timing within 15 minutes of their finish. It is at Island-Timing’s sole discretion as to whether the accuracy and/or veracity of the request warrant changes to the final results. Island-Timing will post results for the race on its website within 24 hours of race completion.
Will there be an awards ceremony?
- Yes, it will be located in front of the Stony Brook Post Office. It will take place at approximately 10:30 AM.
I heard there would be an after party, is this true?
- YES! This year Brew Cheese will be serving Montauk Beer for a job well done to our runners! Stop by Brew Cheese after you finish for some light refreshments.
There were a lot of photographers on the course, where can I find pictures from race day?
- Follow us on Facebook @herculesontheharbor. We will be posting all race day photos on the Facebook page!
If you take any photos during the race make sure to use
the hastags #hercules10k, #herculesontheharbor
The Hercules on the Harbor 10k is a challenging course with many ups and downs that covers both on and off-road terrain which highlights many of Stony Brook's landmarks, including the beautiful village green, the scenic marina and harbor, the spectacular Avalon Park & Preserve, Harmony Vineyards, the Stony Brook Duck Pond, the Grist Mill, and the charming residential community. The course offers both novice and seasoned runners memorable moments that will keep them returning year after year.
The Hercules on the Harbor 10K is a timed event as well as a USA Track and Field Sanctioned course that will have live music along the course route to encourage runners to conquer some of the more challenging inclines.
Proceeds of this event will support the Stony Brook Hospital Cancer Research Center
Registration will be available between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. the morning of the 10K race for $45 per participant.
Awards to the top 3 Male and Female Overall runners. There will also be awards for the Top 3 Male and Female runners in each 5 year age groups (Under 12 through 75+)
The Hercules on the Harbor 10K is a rain or shine event.
Follow us and look for your pictures on Instagram @hercules10K and on Facebook @ Hercules on the Harbor.
On race day tag your photos #hercules10k #HerculesOnTheHarbor10k #ConqueredTheHercules.